Power Engineers Project Coordinator in Portland, Oregon
Department: Environmental Project Support Services Dept
POWER Engineers’ Environmental Division is seeking a Project Coordinator to support multiple project managers in the Pacific Northwest. The Project Coordinator is an integral member of the project team and is responsible for supporting, organizing, and reporting project tasks while working closely with the Project Manager. This highly motivated professional will be part of a team that performs project support services for our technical staff across several U.S. offices.
This position will be based in our Portland, Oregon office with the ability of a hybrid work style which includes a combination of home and office.
Roles and Responsibilities
The ideal candidate will be a team player able to work in potential high-pressure situations while interacting with internal and potentially external clients. This team member must possess a positive attitude and be able to provide a resourceful approach to assigned tasks.
Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
· Coordination of multiple aspects of project administration under the lead Project Manager’s direction. Serving as the administrative lead for high profile/large scale, multi-disciplinary projects, including meeting schedules and facilitation, tracking project scope changes, documenting and following up on action items, client interactions, and record management.
· Assist leadership in operational activities such as preparing labor forecasting/projections spreadsheets and other reports and drafting group communications.
· Provide support to project staff by making travel arrangements, entering expense reports, and other assistance as needed.
· Organize client or team events.
· Support document quality control by coordinating the document workflow, transmitting deliverables; and maintaining electronic files.
· Other duties as assigned.
· GED or High School diploma required/Some college is preferred.
· At least five years previous experience in a support role with increasing responsibilities, working in a consulting firm and/or in environmental compliance is preferred.
· Advanced skills in MS Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams and Outlook; and Adobe Acrobat
· Advanced skills in virtual meeting platforms (Zoom, MS Teams, Webex, etc.).
· Exceptional multitasking and organizational skills with strong follow-through and attention to detail.
· Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
· Strong note-taking skills.
· Experience in training others in processes, software and online platforms.
· Available for minimal travel.
At POWER Engineers, you can have a rewarding career on every level. Our philosophy is simple: Do Good. Have Fun. Build Success.
You’ll work on fun and challenging projects and initiatives. You’ll have the chance to positively impact society and the environment. And you’ll find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career.
Since we’re employee-owned, we get to make POWER a great place to work. That includes providing competitive compensation, professional development, and a full benefits package:
Vacation/Paid Sick Leave
Voluntary Life Insurance
POWER is a fun engineering firm. That might seem contradictory to some, but it works for us!