Power Engineers Entry Level Packaging Systems Engineer in Minneapolis, Minnesota
Entry Level Packaging Systems Engineer
Department:Facilities Packaging Group
Entry Level Packaging Systems Engineer
Job Summary of Roles and Responsibilities
Do you desire to have an opportunity to expand your skills in design and teamwork? Do you want to come home to the vibrant Minneapolis/Boise/Plover/Appleton area of Minnesota/Idaho/Wisconsin? If you do, POWER Engineers has a path for you. We are looking for the right person to fill our current Entry Level Packaging Systems Engineer opening in Burnsville, Minnesota / Boise, Idaho / Plover and Appleton, Wisconsin.
POWER Engineers, Inc - Facilities Business Unit is seeking an EntryLevel Packaging Engineerin the Packaging Department. In this role you will be assisting senior designers and engineers in the food and beverage packaging environment. This position requires a strong understanding of computer-aided design (CAD) software with emphasis on AutoCAD and 3D visualization tools. Knowledge of physical layout drawings, equipment and structural drawings, PFD’s, P&ID’s, Bid and Construction packages, materials and other engineer lists, are all beneficial. Responsibilities will include CAD deliverables, vendor coordination, equipment specification, and mass balances. The ideal candidate will have the ability to produce drawings from rough sketches, notes and vendor drawings. The candidate should have strong mechanical reasoning skills, be able to work in design teams, be self-motivated to perform assigned tasks, and take initiative to learn new skills and work with layouts in a 3D environment. Further, the candidate should be able to learn new software packages efficiently and retain and apply on the job training. Because the candidate will be expected to deal with clients, he or she must have strong command of the English language and possess good written and oral communications skills. The Facilities Division of POWER engineers is a full-service consulting engineering firm that specializes and is a leader in the Food & Beverage, Federal, and Industrial facility design.
· BS in appropriate engineering field, preferred Mechanical, Industrial, or Packaging
· 0-2 years relevant work experience
· Proven proficiency in AutoCAD 2D or equivalent design software
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Candidates must be legally authorized to work permanently in the U.S. with the need for work sponsorship
· Ability to travel
· Candidate is interested in consulting engineering, packaging, and Food & Beverage systems design
· Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.2
· 1-3 years CAD design experience
· Proficiency in AutoCAD 3D or Solidworks type 3D design
· AutoCAD knowledge a plus, as is the ability to use 3D tools to visualize and review project deliverables
· Experience in design of food, beverage and personal care packaging systems and facilities, including mechanical utilities, packaging equipment, mechanical conveying and pneumatic conveying systems is a definite plus
· Attention to detail and time management skills are essential for successful completion of tasks
At POWER Engineers, Inc. you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you’ll have the chance to make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diverse and unique initiatives, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. We encourage new ideas and fresh approaches and most importantly, we strive to be our clients’ first choice. These traits – and deep technical skill – account for our success.
Have fun, do good work, make money. As an employee-owned company, we strive to make POWER Engineers an appealing place to work, where we perform projects that we find challenging and in which we excel. We provide competitive compensation, a full benefit package, professional development, and an appealing work environment. POWER Engineers is a unique and fun engineering firm, which may be contradictory to some, but it works well for us.