Power Engineers Facilities Proposal Coordinator in Madison, Wisconsin
Facilities Proposal Coordinator
Department: Facilities Mktg and Proposal Dev Dept
Proposal Coordinator (Facilities Division)
Calling all proposal-writing pros! Are you a savvy multitasker who is interested in a job that lets you to flex your creative muscles while also geeking out over STEM? POWER Engineers, a growing architecture and engineering firm is seeking to add a Proposal Coordinator to our Facilities Marketing and Proposal Development team.
We are looking for a motivated, detail-oriented individual to work alongside our Project Managers and technical staff in developing and coordinating proposals. Our team supports a diverse range of client types including food and beverage, chemical, industrial manufacturing, energy, and more.
This is a full-time position.
Job Summary of Roles and Responsibilities
Primary duties include:
· Coordinating competitive proposal efforts, requests for information, and qualifications packages
· Working with teams to identify and develop proposal win strategies
· Supporting technical staff on presentation development for sales efforts and short-list interviews
· Developing and updating marketing materials such as project summaries and staff resumes
· Coordinating client focus teams and supporting basic market and/or client research, including entering/updating information into our CRM system, and supporting efforts to position POWER for future opportunities
Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills are a must for this position. Ideal candidates will be self-motivated, adept at gathering information from a variety of stakeholders, and able to communicate technical, often complex content in an engaging, accessible, persuasive way. Time management, attention to detail, organizational skills, and clear communication are also critical for a candidate’s success in this role.
Candidates must be available to work during regular business hours (Monday through Friday, 8-5) and be flexible/available to work occasional hours outside this schedule. You must be detail-oriented and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
Please include a cover letter as part of your application.
Note: this is not a sales position.
· Bachelor’s or advanced degree/background in English, communications, journalism, technical writing, or similar
· Previous experience with proposal writing for engineering, construction, architecture, or consulting preferred
· Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Experience with Microsoft Dynamics or other CRM system is preferred, but not required
At POWER Engineers, you can have a rewarding career on every level. Our philosophy is simple: Do Good. Have Fun. Build Success.
You’ll work on fun and challenging projects and initiatives. You’ll have the chance to make a positive impact on society and the environment. And you’ll find the support, coaching and training it takes to advance your career.
Since we’re employee-owned, we get to make POWER a great place to work. That includes providing competitive compensation, professional development and a full benefit package:
Vacation/Paid Sick Leave
Voluntary Life Insurance
POWER is a fun engineering firm. That might seem contradictory to some, but it works for us!
EOE, including disability/vets