Power Engineers Geologist/ Environmental Scientist in Cincinnati, Ohio
Geologist/ Environmental Scientist
Department: ENV Site Assessment and Corrective Action Dept
Geologist / Environmental Specialist
Do Good, Have Fun, and Build Success. That is our purpose statement at POWER Engineers, Inc. If that matches your purpose and you have the skills and experience described below, we should talk.
POWER Engineers, Inc. is seeking a Geologist /Environmental Specialist who wants to advance to managing projects. This position is based in our Cincinnati, OH office supporting work sites in the midwestern United States. Therefore, we offer a hybrid workstyle, a combination of in-office and remote work
You will be part of our Site Assessment and Corrective Action team, helping our clients evaluate sites before purchase, investigate environmental contamination at existing properties, and successfully clean up impacted sites so they are not a hazard to people or the environment. You will manage project tasks, to quickly manage projects for our clients.
You will be part of a team that helps our clients achieve and maintain compliance with environmental regulations. This position requires outdoor work and overnight travel within the Midwest which could be more than 25%.
Required Education and Experience
• Degree in Geology, Environmental Science, or a related field
• Two (2) to five (5) years of professional experience in environmental consulting or compliance
• Experience with environmental due diligence, including Phase I and Phase II ESAs
• Experience conducting UST Closure Assessments and investigations
• Experience reviewing and interpreting environmental analytical data and preparing reports
• On-track to acquiring a professional certification (such as Professional Geologist) is a plus
• Experience managing project scopes, schedules, and budgets
• Experience with waste profiling, waste management, and environmental remediation projects.
• Current OSHA 10-hour and/or HAZWOPER 40-hour Certification, or able to obtain certification.
At POWER Engineers, you can have a rewarding career on every level. Our philosophy is simple: Do Good. Have Fun. Build Success.
You will work on fun and challenging projects and initiatives. You will have the chance to make a positive impact on society and the environment. And you’ll find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career.
Since we’re employee-owned, we get to make POWER a great place to work. That includes providing competitive compensation, professional development, and a full benefits package:
• Maternity Leave
• Parental Leave
• Paid Holidays
• Vacation/Paid Sick Leave
• Voluntary Life Insurance
POWER is a fun environmental and engineering consulting firm. That might seem contradictory to some, but it works for us!
EOE, including disability/vets