Power Engineers Commissioning Quality Validation (CQV) MANAGER in Boise, Idaho
Commissioning Quality Validation (CQV) MANAGER
Department: Facilities Program Mgmt Dept
Commissioning Quality Validation (CQV) Manager
Job Summary of Roles and Responsibilities :
POWER Engineers, Inc – Facilities Business Unit, Program Management Department, is currently seeking aCommissioning Quality Validation (CQV)Manager to work out of ourAtlanta, GA, Boise, ID, or Appleton, WI, or Minneapolis, MN officeor fully remote.
Manages a new initiative to provide startup services that includes:
Creation of checklists and other means of checking out machinery and processes
Selection and creation of a database to record and report checkout and startup data
Selection of hardware and software
Hiring a team of individuals that would provide the startup service
Coordinating with the client on Commissioning, Qualification, and Verification (CQV) documentation
Working with vendors on Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and maintenance requirements
Work with Construction Management (CM) regarding installation, checkout, and startup.
· Fosters and develops relationships with other Project Managers, Departments and Business Units to utilize resources to execute field checklists and startup support.
· Position will oversee and develop systems for monitoring checkout and CQV progress.
· Provides guidance, supervision, and resolves issues for startup team personnel in multiple locations.
· Works with the client on overall startup and CQV plan.
· Provides Business Development support as requested.
· This role requires travel to client sites to provide close coordination with Plant Personnel and the Client to support the successful installation and startup activities. This role may require management of parallel multiple plant projects startup and CQV. Position requires close coordination with the Plant Project Team and may require serving as the Client PM for all aspects of project delivery.
· This role will have an organizational focus on leading, implementing and executing our startup services efforts with capital project execution.
· Travel, throughout the US, as required.
· The candidate will extensively utilize CQV management software, along with MS Project and/or Primavera P6.
· The candidate will be expected to support and lead, as required, independent business development efforts for Program Management in the region.
· The candidate will represent POWER with Construction Industry Institute (CII) and be actively engaged in this organization.
· Minimum of 10 years operations or A&E consulting experience in the Food & Beverage or industrial and facilities industry.
· 5+ years of CQV and startup experience.
· At minimum BS in Engineering Discipline or Operations/Business from an accredited institution.
· Must have strong command of the English language with good written and oral communications skills.
· Ideal candidate will be a self-starter, work independently, and be willing to travel to client sites and other POWER offices to manage team members.
· Experience will include development and tracking of schedules, budgets with cost analysis, construction administration, proposal writing & presentation skills.
· Ideal candidate will have experience with managing project controls and field installations for Engineer/Procure/Construct (EPC) Food & Beverage and other industrial or facilities client capital projects.
· Software familiarity with MS Office Suite, MS Project/ Primavera P6, and Procore cost control and field management.
· PMI Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) or intent to obtain is preferred.
· Existing Food &Beverage or industrial and facility client relationships preferred.
CII Front End Planning best practices knowledge is preferred.
At POWER Engineers, you can have a rewarding career on every level. Our philosophy is simple: Do Good. Have Fun. Build Success.
You’ll work on fun and challenging projects and initiatives. You’ll have the chance to make a positive impact on society and the environment. And you’ll find the support, coaching and training it takes to advance your career.
Since we’re employee-owned, we get to make POWER a great place to work. That includes providing competitive compensation, professional development and a full benefit package:
Vacation/Paid Sick Leave
Voluntary Life Insurance
POWER is a fun engineering firm. That might seem contradictory to some, but it works for us!
EOE, including disability/vets