Power Engineers Mid to Senior Packaging Lead in Appleton, Wisconsin
Mid to Senior Packaging Lead
Department:Facilities Packaging Group
Mid to Senior Packaging Lead
Job Summary of Roles and Responsibilities
POWER Engineers, Inc - Facilities Business Unit is growing and we are currently seeking a Mid to Senior Packaging Lead. Do you want to come home to Appleton? If you do, POWER Engineers has a path for you. We are looking for the right person to fill our current Mid to Senior Packaging Lead opening in our new Appleton, Wisconsin office. In this role you will work closely with our Food Engineering team, internal and external clients to drive projects to successful completion within budget and schedule constraints.
The preferred candidate will have an excellent track record of both project executing and business development in the capital food and beverage or allied industries. Technical knowledge of physical layout drawings, equipment and structural drawings, PFD’s, P&ID’s, Bid and Construction packages, equipment lists, and the ability to lead the project team to provide these engineering deliverables on time and within budget is crucial for success. The candidate should have strong mechanical reasoning skills, be able to work in design teams, be self-motivated to perform assigned tasks, and take initiative to learn new skills and work with layouts in a 3D environment. The candidate should have expertise in equipment and system layout, specification, and procurement. Additional experience in a variety of capital project work flows is desired.
· BS or Associates in Applied Science, Engineering, management or appropriate technical field
· 5-10+ years relevant work experience
· Excellent communication skills required, with proven client or customer interactions or experience
· Adhere to POWER policies and procedures on project execution, technical and administrative
· Ability to travel
· 3.2 GPA is desired
· 10-15+ years relevant work experience
· Primary and secondary packaging line layout and robotic applications would be extremely helpful
· Consulting background a plus
· AutoCAD knowledge a plus, as is the ability to use 3D tools to visualize and review project deliverables
· Experience in design of food, beverage and personal care packaging systems and facilities, including mechanical utilities, packaging equipment, mechanical conveying and pneumatic conveying systems is a definite plus
At POWER Engineers, Inc. you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you’ll have the chance to make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diverse and unique initiatives, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. We encourage new ideas and fresh approaches and most importantly, we strive to be our clients’ first choice. These traits – and deep technical skill – account for our success.
Have fun, do good work, make money. As an employee-owned company, we strive to make POWER Engineers an appealing place to work, where we perform projects that we find challenging and in which we excel. We provide competitive compensation, a full benefit package, professional development, and an appealing work environment. POWER Engineers is a unique and fun engineering firm, which may be contradictory to some, but it works well for us.